What are the most important elements to consider when restoring or replacing a roof?
Planning – Does the product you wish to use meet local planning requirements? (If applicable).
Weight: structural support may be required depending on which material you want to use, so considering the weight of your chosen roof covering is important before making your final decision. This can save you time and money.
How much will a roof replacement or repair cost?
It depends entirely on a variety of different factors such as size, complexity, location, product, fittings and more.
Reach out for a FREE consultation.
What different roof materials are there?
There are many different types of roof coverings we have available at Graham – and they each possess design aspects and qualities that are best suited for different styles of house/building:
- Slate Tiles – Simple, economical, and always available
- Clay Tiles – Ideal for intricate details
- Concrete Tiles – Diverse range of colours and textures
- Shingled Roofing – Rustic looking
- Metal Roofing – Durable, adaptable
- Architectural shingles
If my roof is leaking, does it need replacing?
A complete roof system failure, or a generally unsafe roof, will need a complete roof replacement.
Our team is happy to explain what level of repair your roof needs.
What signs should home, or business owners be aware of in terms of replacing the roof?
There are many signs that your roof is due to be replaced. If you believe your roof is showing any of these signs, then it’s time to call in our experts.
- Your roof has not been replaced in 20-30 years (average lifespan).
- Your tiles or shingles are turning upwards (known as cupping) or the edges are flat and the middle turns up (known as clawing).
- There are entire tiles or shingles missing from your roof.
- You notice that any tiles or shingles are cracked.
- Light leaks through your roof and can be seen in your attic.
- The roof is sagging in one place, which could indicate a structural issue.
Do I need to move out during the roof replacement?
How often is maintenance necessary for a flat roof?
Flat Roof Maintenance. In order for your flat roof to properly perform and to extend its lifespan, it is important that you keep up regular maintenance every 5 years.
What are the benefits of roof maintenance?
- Damage Control. The avoidance of costly repairs is perhaps the biggest benefit of sticking to a rigid maintenance routine.
- Extended Roof Life. …
- Energy Efficiency Boost. …
- Healthy Living (avoiding mold).
Can I call Graham Roofing for roof maintenance?
I notice cracked tiles, what should I do?
When replacing damaged tiles, it’s important to use tools such as cat ladders and crawl boards to spread out your weight so as not to damage any more tiles.
Luckily, you can simply call us to do it for you!
We are ready to serve you